Help Skyhawks find their next adventure!
Outdoor Pursuits provides outdoor and social experiences emphasizing environmental awareness, outdoor education, challenge, personal development, managed risk, a sense of community, and fun.
For 44 years, Outdoor Pursuits has been the adventure hub of Fort Lewis College. Our tagline, “Adventure is not in the Guidebook…Beauty is not on the Map” is still as relevant with today’s students as it was when the program began in 1977!
Your gift to the Outdoor Pursuits Fund helps ensure that students have opportunities to experience all that OP has to offer! This includes providing Seek Your Adventure Grants for students to dream big and take on their own local adventures. Additionally, donor support increases access to all OP has to offer for students with limited financial means.
Outdoor Pursuits Programs and Services
- Day, Weekend, and Extended Trips.
- Local, Regional, and International Trip Programs
- Weekly Activities (i.e. Kayak Pool Sessions, Movie Nights, etc.)
- Extensive Outdoor Equipment Check-out
- Climbing Wall
- Student Outdoor Leadership (SOL) Program
- Eligibility for participation on Outdoor Pursuits trips, activities, clinics & workshops
- FREE use of OP equipment and gear for the academic calendar year
- Access to Ski & Bike Shop facility and tools
- Access to the Outdoor Adventure Resource Library
All current FLC students pay student fees for access to Outdoor Pursuits and all of its services. A valid Skycard is all that is required for access to the program. In order to ensure access to the program, all students must be registered for classes.